Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. For some positions, we have the flexibility and technology to work from anywhere; whether it’s in the office, at home or at the client site.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
We are looking for an Audit Manager specializing in nonprofit, government, and/or tribal industries in our Rhinelander, WI office. You will conduct audits, reviews, and compilations, prepares financial statements, and communicates results to client and firm associates. Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients.
• Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
• Prepare client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to engagement planning and requests
• Perform audit, review, and compilation testing procedures in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
• Complete engagement programs and checklists and respond to review comments
• Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
• Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement output
• Adhere to prescribed budgets and deadlines
• Train and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
• Develop technical competency with GAAP, especially related to assigned product line, to include specific areas such as receivables, inventory, costings, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 5 or more years’ work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
• US CPA licensure in your work state
• Experience in auditing nonprofit and government clients
• Actively participate in firm sponsored events for assigned product line clients and prospects
• Working knowledge of US GAAP
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
• The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to travel up to 30%
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.