Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP has an opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager in our Edina or St Paul, MN office. This individual manages client engagements to ensure outstanding client service. They oversee the accurate and timely execution of Private Client Services tax engagements and communicate results to client and firm associates. This individual will also ensure the firm is proactively identifying tax opportunities and serving the client's needs. Along with the duties listed above they motivate and supervise the performance of staff, senior accountants, and managers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Lead and manage complex tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
• Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
• Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountant
• Communicate advice and answer questions of other Wipfli associates relating to clients' accounting and tax situations
• Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
• Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
• Perform detailed reviews of tax workpapers and provision calculations completed by other associates
• Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems; diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
• Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
• Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
• Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
• Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
• Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
• Review tax-related information to include tax provisions, depreciation schedules, property tax returns, etc.
• Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
• Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.)
• Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.