Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP is currently seeking an Audit Manager for our Oakland, CA office. The audit manager will be the primary point of contact overseeing the accurate and timely execution of audits, reviews and compilations. The manager will review engagement files and financial statements and communicates results to client and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying and serving the client’s needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Coordinate engagements to include overseeing staff who enter or download financial data into electronic medium.
• Prepare various financial analyses, which may include financial analysis write up, research, preparation of financial projections and forecasts, due diligence, report preparation and summarization of client information.
• Present results of engagement to client and other third parties.
• Keeps current with new audit and/or accounting pronouncements.
• Ensures timely adoption of new audit and/or accounting pronouncements.
• Assures alignment with Firm-wide audit services.
• Assesses efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of current audit process on an on-going basis and identifies/implements improvement plans to assure delivery of quality services with a customer-service focus, while driving out unneeded costs.
• Provides limited oversight of the process for responding to RFP’s to assure we optimize our proposal opportunities by providing a consistent, timely response
• Perform business development activities including meeting with prospects, participating in presentations, and preparation of proposal or engagement letters.
• Perform document consulting activities and recordkeeping services according to firm standards.
• Travel to client locations as requested to provide consulting services.
• Experience in health care industry preferred.
• Have an understanding of FASB and GASB concepts (including Yellow Book experience).
• Develop enhanced technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
• Attend certification training courses to maintain professional certification.
• Interface with multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning.
• Assist with staff performance evaluations.
• Research and communicate with client and firm personnel regarding complex matters.
• Actively participate in community activities and organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and members.
• Actively participate in firm sponsored events for clients and prospects.
· 5-7 years of previous audit experience preferably in a professional services environment
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting
· CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
· Requires a valid driver’s license
· Requires prior supervisory experience
· Ability to travel up to 35%
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.