Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com. We are looking to hire a Senior Tax Consultant with a focus in State and Local Taxes in our Media, Pennsylvania office.
• Respond to internal and external client requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
• Prepare client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to engagement planning and requests
• Ability to interact directly with clients to gather facts and provide conclusions
• Prepare state tax returns for businesses in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
• Research state and local tax issues
• Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items or other important matters in a timely manner
• Adhere to prescribed budgets and deadlines
• Develop technical competency in various state and local taxes and unclaimed property
• Recognize potential issues and/or opportunities in engagements and discuss with engagement leader
• Support Northeast US market client needs
• Participate in multi-state tax and personal development CPE programs
• Actively participate in community activities to develop positive relationships with community leaders and members
• Actively participate in firm sponsored events for assigned product line clients and prospects
• 4+ years of experience
• Experience with multi-state taxes from consulting or sales tax audit background
• Experience with state and local taxes in the Northeast area
• Prior Department of Revenue experience a plus
• Ability to sit for CPA or pursue Masters of Tax a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.