Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP, is looking for a proven Market Manager to lead the rapidly growing Manufacturing and Distribution Consulting practice in Chicago. We are looking for a growth minded individual who is passionate about manufacturing and/or distribution. This professional’s primary focus will be to serve as the client relationship manager on appropriate accounts while leading and growing the practice in the Chicago region.
· Delivering solutions to mid-market manufacturing and distribution clients and growing the Chicago market while developing next generation consultants.
· Enjoy being viewed and accountable as the Subject Matter Expert leading the local consulting charge in manufacturing and distribution.
· Earn client’s trust by immersing oneself into the client’s business vision and serving as a knowledgeable advisor who is focused on ensuring client’s success.
· Secure a position of strategic advisor/participant in shaping the client’s business vision.
· Serve as the “Chief Road-block Remover”, by anticipating potential risks and collaborating with client/internal teams to bring appropriate mitigation strategies into play.
· Understand the client needs/cultural dynamics/competency levels and mentor/coach project team to fine-tune the approach to suit the client’s needs and ensure the success of the engagement.
· Be accountable for the engagement’s scope, budget, timeline, process, resource plan and quality of delivery to ensure success.
· Link the client requirements to standard solutions and service offerings.
· Integrate project activities with other work at client sites and identify cross selling opportunities.
· Opportunity leadership and/or active participation
· Generate, identify, and qualify leads
· Under the direction of senior manager or partner complete specified business development initiatives (i.e. marketing initiatives, referrals sources, prospecting etc.)
· Participate as a member of pursuit teams for new sales opportunities and marketing activities.
· Collaborate with leadership team to ensure continuous process improvement of service delivery in the region.
· By way of being, serve as a leader in the organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a related field.
· 10+ years of prior experience in a consulting, technology or accounting firm.
· Must have held a senior leadership position in mid to larger organizations with consulting as a service focused on a manufacturing and or distribution industry group.
· Strong understanding of manufacturing operations and supporting information technology.
· Prior experience with Shop Floor Optics preferred.
· Experience with technology or consulting delivery in a manufacturing or distribution settings.
· Must be a growth minded individual passionate about manufacturing and/or distribution.
· Able to communicate a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the process.
· Proven leader in staff selection and the development of teams.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.