At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
• Prepare valuations of retirement plans using independent judgment and decision making to reconcile assets, compute various calculations, complete appropriate testing, prepare employer (client) reports and year-end filings, and prepare application to the IRS.
• Evaluate incoming data from prior administrator and client and determine if data integrity issues exist, so data can be imported and accounted for correctly.
• Assist clients with questions regarding retirement plan distributions, deferrals, and contributions. When client requests are made, recognize if plan does not support the request and make appropriate recommendations to client if plan changes should be considered.
• Prepare 5500s and 990s for Section 125 and health and welfare plans and review 5500s for other business centers in Wipfli LLP, interpreting Department of Labor and tax code and evaluating proper completion of returns.
• Study resource material regarding DOL and IRS code, ERISA, and other changes to Retirement Plans, Health and Welfare Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and use same to research ERISA issues.
• Work with SunGard Corbel support to maintain an understanding of and utilize Relius Software.
Associate’s Degree in Business or Accounting or 0-2 years equivalent-related experience is required.
Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions, using independent judgment and decision making to compare alternative plan designs and recommend approach to meet the client’s objectives.
Ability to work independently with an assigned group of clients (generally 20-40 clients depending upon type and size of client).
Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively.
Ability to balance many projects simultaneously.
Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines.
Must have strong knowledge of personal computers with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
Must be detail oriented.
Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to effectively operate a variety of office machines, to include a PC, telephone, copier, fax, etc.
Ability to be flexible with scheduling to meet workflow demands.
Good listening and problem solving skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and work styles and the ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
Must be able to preserve the integrity of highly confidential business and client information.
Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills and accurate grammar usage.
Proficiency in the use of Relius Software is preferred.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.