At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
• Collect and analyze relevant data by obtaining records and effectively interviewing client personnel.
• Prepare work papers and documentation in conformance with the firm’s quality control standards.
• Produce written reports in a timely manner which clearly, appropriately, and accurately communicate engagement results.
• Maintain ongoing communication with engagement manager and/or performance coach.
• Participate in the Continuing Professional Education program, essential to competence and continued professional growth.
• Participate actively in community activities, ranging from sports teams to service organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and individuals.
• Participate actively in firm sponsored events for financial institution clients and prospects.
• Requires a business-related degree or a combination of education and related work experience
• 0-3 years of job-related experience (ex. Banking or audit)
• Comprehensive knowledge of internal audit theory, strategies, and techniques
• Understanding of or willingness to learn financial institution laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
• Ability and willingness to travel in-state up to 25%-30%
• Ability to analyze data and recommend solutions
• Requires strong oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively and professionally interact with various levels of the firm and client management and staff
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.