Join the next generation of financial leaders. At Wipfli, we are a fast-growing, forward-thinking team of financial consultants, advisors, and leaders. With deep accounting expertise, industry-specific knowledge, and cutting-edge innovations, we navigate our clients through today’s financial universe and tomorrow’s opportunity. As a Senior Accountant, Manufacturing, Retail & Distribution Clients at Wipfli, you will strengthen the financial operations of our clients, allowing the organizations to focus on their mission. You will join our innovative, creative, multi-disciplinary team; and together, we will deliver high-quality results through accounting, and business advisory services. This position can work remotely anywhere in the US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Partners with Controller to maintain and foster client relationships within the manufacturing, retail & distribution industry.
• Research and shares knowledge of best practices in areas of business concern or interest to each client.
• Maintains familiarity with financial statements and ensures presentation meets the needs of the executive management team.
• Completes financial statements and month end close.
• Manages relationship between the team and the client and advises on communication.
• Prepares financial data for lenders if applicable
• Actively participates in firm sponsored events for assigned service/industry line clients and prospects
WHAT WE SEEK
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• 2+ years of advanced, hands on full cycle accounting experience including financial statement preparation for within the manufacturing, retail & distribution industry
• Previous public accounting experience preferred
• Analyzing margins and inventory experience a strong plus
• Proven ability to build and manage relationships
• Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA) preferred but not required
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.