At Wipfli, people count.
The way you think makes you different. At Wipfli, we embrace that.
Our inclusive culture provides a space for everyone to have a voice. Our growing number of DEI resource groups celebrate diversity and champion awareness throughout Wipfli.
We’re also focused on helping you achieve success with balance. From hybrid schedules and flexible time off to training programs and mental wellness initiatives, we take care of our team.
If you want to be in an environment where you can grow, feed your curiosity and make a difference, Wipfli is the place for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Provide general advisory service to clients, via scheduled remote meetings regarding the interpretation and use of financial statements, cash-flow forecasts and budgets.
• Direct point of contact for Tech client engagements
• Partners with client or Fractional CFO/Finance Directors to maintain and foster relationships within the tech-innovation industry
• Research and share knowledge of best practices in areas of business concern or interest to each client.
• Oversees client accounting team ensuring expectations are met on all client deliverables
• Manage financial reporting accuracy for clients and investors
• Provide technical accounting assistance to clients and internal team
• Responsible for reviewing and finalizing accounting period close
• Analyze and review financial statements, management reports, and other key performance indicators
• Prepares cash-flow forecasts, budgets and assist CFO with projections and financial models
• Prepares financial data for new capital raises or data rooms for due diligence, when applicable
• Work with client to review and strengthen internal controls
• Evaluate accounting policies and procedures to help recommend process improvements
• Manage internal team’s budget and work to maintain performance expectations of staff
• Work on multiple projects of varying size & complexities simultaneously from pre-revenue startups to companies preparing for exit.
WHAT WE SEEK
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 5+ years of advanced, hand on full cycle accounting experience including financial statement preparation as an assistant controller or controller or in a similar capacity in public accounting
• Experience working in the Tech industry preferred
• Experience with venture capital or private equity backed portfolio companies desired, but not required
• Previous public accounting experience preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 1 year supervisor experience
• Proven ability to build and manage multiple relationships
• Must have exceptional collaboration and communication skills
• Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA) preferred but not required
• Experience using Sage Intacct, Net Suite, QuickBooks Online, and Bill.com preferred
• Ability to prioritize and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Wipfli is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or participate in our recruiting process, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wipfli supports equal pay for equal work and values each candidate’s unique experiences and skill sets. The estimated pay range for this position is: $85,000 to $160,000. Compensation within the range is determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to, location, individuals' skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications, business needs and applicable employment laws.
Individuals may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, subject to participation rules and based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual and Firm performance.
Wipfli cares about our associates and offers a variety of benefits to support their well-being. Highlights include 8 health plan options (both HMO & PPO plans), dental and vision coverage, opportunity to enroll in HSA with potential Firm contribution and an Employee Assistance Program. Other benefits include firm-sponsored basic life and short and long-term disability coverage, a 401(k) savings plan & profit share as well as Firm matching contribution, well-being incentive, education & certification assistance, flexible time off, family care leave, parental leave, family formation benefits, cell phone reimbursement, and travel rewards. Voluntary benefit offerings include critical illness & accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, legal, long-term care, pet insurance, ID theft protection, and supplemental life/AD&D. Eligibility for all benefits programs is dependent on annual hours expectation, position status/level and location. Wipfli offers flexibility for many positions to be performed remotely; please discuss your work preferences with your recruiter during the interview process.
Christine Villicana from Wipfli’s recruiting team will be guiding you through this process. Visit her at Christine Villicana | LinkedIn to connect!